The American Cancer Society (Matagorda County Branch)
(Travis Elliott, Nancy Hillis, and Cliff Roberts)
Texas Children's Donation
(Cliff Roberts, Travis Elliott, Jamee Rivera, Dirk Griffith)
Matagorda Wellness Foundation
(Cliff Roberts, Renee Griffith, Loy Sneary, and Travis Elliott)
1 ticket for $10
5 tickets for $40
(Contact a torunament director to purchase tickets)
- TWO AIRLINE TICKETS TO THE DESTINATION OF YOUR CHOICE- Valued at $600, this two-person round trip flight voucher was generously donated by Debbie and Andy Korenek.
- IPAD- Valued at $500
- HALF DAY GUIDED FISHING TRIP FOR UP TO THREE PEOPLE- Valued at $500. Come fish with one of Matagorda and Baffin Bay's most experienced guides for catching trophy trout. You will have an experience of a lifetime wade fishing with the crew from Reel Life Adventures.
- HALF DAY GUIDED FISHING TRIP FOR UP TO THREE PEOPLE- Valued at $500. You will be fishing east and west Matagorda Bay with a guide that is proven to catch fish and get your adrenaline pumping. See what the gang at Run-N-Gun adventures have to offer!
- NIGHT HOG HUNT FOR UP TO TWO PEOPLE- Valued at $400. If you have never experienced stalking and hunting hogs in the dark with night vision scopes, you are in for an adventure. This is a guided trip, provided by Jean Miller.
- FULL DAY DOVE HUNTING TRIP FOR UP TO FIVE PEOPLE- Valued at $375. One of Texas' premiere hunting locations gives you and your friends a chance to shoot them out of the sky. Donated and guided by Robby Reed.
- 65 QUART YETI COOLER- Valued at $360. This is the granddaddy of all coolers. Keep ice longer and stick your chest out a little further when carrying this one around! Thanks to J&J Farms for the donation.
- FREE ENTRY TO 2013 TEXAS TRIO CLASSIC FISHING TOURNAMENT FOR UP TO FOUR PEOPLE- Valued at $300. Want to fish in the tournament next year? We've got you covered! Side pots and calcutta not included.
- COSTA DEL MAR SUNGLASSES-Valued at $250. A pair of harpoon frames with green 580 lenses was donated by Nathan Lubbers.
- VISA GIFT CARD- Valued at $250, donated by Team Dorock.
- HOUSTON TEXANS FOOTBALL TICKETS (2)- Valued at $200. Pair of tickets to see a team that is now a super bowl contender.
- 20 QUART YETI COOLER- Valued at $200. This one is called a roadie. It will fit perfectly n the back of your car or truck. Donated by Russel's Bait and Tackle.
- HOOTER'S WING PARTY- Valued at $200 plus. Up to 25 people can enjoy all you can eat wings and fries for an hour. Donated by Hooters.
- PAIR OF BOGA GRIPS- Valued at $150. Never lose a fish again. Boga grips have set the standard for handling a fish once they are caught. Donated by Cliff Roberts.
- PAIR OF TEXAS A&M FOOTBALL TICKETS- Valued at $150. Donated by Mark Dennard.
- (2) $100 GIFT CARDS TO BASS PRO SHOP (RAFFLED SEPERATELY) Donated by Hilti.
- LIQUOR BASKET- Valued at $100. Salty Dog Liquors has provided a basket full of scrumptious booze.
- THREE GAME ASTROS PACKAGE (TWO TICKETS TO THREE GAMES)- Valued at $100.
All raffle proceeds go to medical research
- Fish For A Cure!
- Host the best inshore fishing tournament in the state
These two goals have been in our hearts and minds since we began this tournament, and have been ever-present in each decision we make.
We are proud to have developed the tournament over the years into what it is today. From the beginning we wanted a fresh concept and a tournament format to determine who exactly the best bay anglers were. We feel the Texas Trio Classic format achieves this. We didn’t want the tournament to be the same old three trout and two redfish or other complicated setups. We wanted to take a new approach and keep it simple. To our knowledge we were the first tournament that hinged on the simple concept of one trout, one redfish, and one flounder to determine the winning team. In all honesty we do have an optional side pot that weighs in three trout and two redfish, but it is optional and does not factor into our tournament winners.
The angler response and support through participating teams has been positive to say the least. We do listen to feedback from anglers, and have had numerous ideas presented to us along the way. We have thus far and will continue to have open lines of communication with all of the anglers. Our cell phone numbers are on the website, and when you call us – we call back – period. That being said, give us a call, we’d love to talk about our tournament and hear your feedback. Just refer back to the top of this letter and you can again see our priorities.
Changes for 2012 are listed below. They are simple and align with our goals.
- Entire tournament winnings, biggest trout, and Calcutta are split into “Open” and “Artificial” divisions, and pay accordingly.
- $75 is new entry fee per angler (up from $50)
- Tournament winners are guaranteed certain winnings and each division pays out to five places.
- Calcutta pays out 100% (up from 80%) to the top three places in each division.
With the new changes in effect for 2012, we will be able to donate more money to charity and the anglers will have the opportunity to win more money. It’s a WIN/WIN for everyone involved.
We look forward to bringing you the best inshore fishing tournament experience in the state, and most importantly, fighting the fight for medical research and leaving this world better than we found it.
Fish On, Dirk,
Shane & Travis